The process of testing software is also called Quality Control.
Why is Software Testing necessary?
In our daily lives, we all use interactive devices such as computers, cell phones, tablets, even cars and appliances. Every device depends on software, a set of instructions telling it how to respond. Being human, software developers occasionally make mistakes.
Software defects can be caused by a number of different issues, such as errors or omissions in code, erroneous data (information) or miscommunications about the desired behaviour. Whatever the cause, software needs to be tested so that any defects can be detected, identified and fixed.
What does a Software Tester do?
A software tester:
- reviews documents describing how the application should look and work
- creates tests to verify if the program is working properly
- runs the tests, looking for inconsistencies and unexpected behaviour
- documents findings
- notifies the person responsible for fixing the defect
Would I be good at it?
A good software tester needs a methodical manner, an eye for detail, and strong analytical skills. You may need to perform several types of tests and use different techniques, depending on the situation.
What training and support can I expect?
At Focus Professional Services, we will:
- train you on various techniques and methods for testing software
- when you are ready, match you with a position at a client job-site
- support you on the job and ensure your success plus provide guidance to your co-workers