- We provide consultants that are on the Autism Spectrum. It’s all we do.
- You can contract or hire from our candidate pool.
- Our consultants are assessed on their technical skills. They are employment-ready and retention-savvy.
- Our employees will not make assumptions or have pre-conceived ideas, which makes them especially good at “out of the box” thinking and providing fresh perspectives.
- We employ individuals on the autism spectrum who are normally gifted in their attention to detail and logical and analytical reasoning skills. With remarkable abilities to concentrate and persevere, they turn in consistently strong results.
- Our founder and CEO has over 35 years of experience in the world of information technology and business. Her heart is in this business. She has two adult sons on the autism spectrum.
- We offer onsite and offsite services. The choice is yours.
- We absorb the time and risk of recruiting and training scarce consulting talent.
Outcomes of Partnering with Focus
We take pride in going beyond expectations. We know how important it is for you to have reliable, robust systems, products, and data. Your market share, brand reputation, and employee loyalty depends upon it.
- We are fast – we often execute the work faster than other companies.
- We are accurate – we keep well within the limits of tolerance for errors.
- We are persistent – we get into the zone and we won’t give up.
- We are honest – we will tell you what we are thinking and experiencing.
- We seek efficiencies – if there is a better way to do something, we will let you know.
Unexpected Impact on the Workplace
- You will grow and learn from the experience of working with our employees. As one client noted, she was humbled by the experience.
- People feel good about their workplace when they see a social need being addressed.
- People feel good about themselves when they experience greater inclusivity.
- Communications will become more direct and effective. Sarcasm and indirect statements will decrease. Your work environment will become kinder, more considerate and respectful without losing productivity.
- You will experience lower turnover … an unexpected savings.
The opportunities of exploring this untapped resource are significant, especially in light of the severe worldwide shortage of STEM-related talent. Early adapters to working with individuals on the autism spectrum in these fields will have an advantage over companies who delay. The sooner an organization internalizes the experiences of working alongside people with autism, the sooner they will reap the rewards.
Employing people with disabilities, particularly people with autism in business professional jobs, such as IT, is garnering greater public attention and acceptance. Focus is a force in the BC business community in normalizing the hiring, onboarding, and retaining of ASD talent.