Vancity Savings Credit Union is a values-based financial co-operative serving the needs of its more than 509,000 member-owners and their communities. They are currently engaged in a technology project.
As is typical of IT projects, Vancity needed to increase their capacity during the testing phases with more software testers. They needed skilled testers who could quickly learn a highly complex system and then apply that knowledge to each new functional area tested.
In late 2015, Focus Professional Services Inc. [Focus] was contracted to provide a team of five Software Testers, individuals on the autism spectrum, and a Team Lead.
After Vancity’s initial training on their systems, Focus proceeded to execute functional test cases. As the Focus team expanded into other functional areas to test, the Vancity Team Lead remarked on the team’s impressive knowledge of the system, a comment repeated by other Vancity team members. Further comments indicated appreciation for the Focus team’s self-reliance.
Focus kept pace with the Vancity software testers and, in addition, created test data as needed by the project.
• The Focus Team performed software testing on the BAR project.
• The Focus team is very efficient and they follow the instructions to complete the tasks as per the plan.
• They are quick learners. In case they face any issues, they try their best to figure out a solution themselves and confirm their findings with the stream leads.
• The team reflects a high level of discipline and punctuality.
• They demonstrate consistent performance and are always willing to help with different testing assignments
• The “Autism in the Workplace” presentation really helped, especially when communicating with the team.
• We would definitely recommend Focus to other organizations.